Web Site Improvements In Response To Static Web Site Lighthouse Results
Back in February 2019, I wrote a post and did a video explaining how I migrated from my WordPress site to a static site and the reasons behind that decision. The video showed the Google Lighthouse results and recommendations and I explained what I planned to do with those results.
I have made some modifications to the site in response to that feedback and I wanted to show you the new Lighthouse results.
Here are the overall results that Lighthouse gave me from the static site that was generated from my WordPress admin site.
Here are some of the things that the report suggested I do in order to improve my score:
- when using 'target=_blank', also use 'rel=noopener'
- remove redundant links (Google +)
- time-to-load metrics indicated that pages were taking up to 4 seconds to load
I updated these links (footer links to Social Media) and removed the Google Plus link. Furthermore, I started using Cloudflare CDN for it's caching capability. This drastically increased my page load speeds and this has resulted in a much improved Best Practice result.
Here are the new results from the Lighthouse report as of today:
As you can see, this is a huge improvement on the original results and all aspects of the site are nearly hitting 100% according to the Lighthouse report.
These changes have not been indexed yet, but I will make some changes in my Search Console to try and urge GoogleBot to crawl the site. I am very excited about the potential page rank and domain authority improvements this may achieve. Here is my Moz score as it stands today.
I will post again when I have seen any change in the page rank or domain authority.
But, until next time, I’ll talk to you later.